Connecting a laptop to a Projector
Connecting your laptop to a projector may seem like a simple task. However, when switching between different rooms, office, home and various kinds of technology it can become quite intricate.
Here is a simple task that may help get you connected a little quicker.
1) Most classrooms have a VGA cable with a connected audio cable.
2) Connect the VGA to the VGA port on your laptop and also connect the Audio to the Headphones audio jack on the side of your laptop like the image below.
3) Once the projector is on, ensure the Extron LCD display (In most of our newer classrooms) is set to the Guest/Cubby selection. NOTE: Many times a switch to the wrong input and back to the correct one will cause it to work properly. Locate the windows key on your keyboard. It should be to the left of the space bar and look similar to the image below.
4) While holding down the “Windows Key”, press the letter “P” on your keyboard and then let off of both. That will bring up the menu below
5) Either use your arrow keys on the keyboard to arrow over or your mouse pointer and click the option that reads Duplicate. If you use your arrow keys, you will need to push the enter button once Duplicate is selected. This should fix most issues with not being able to display to a projector.
For further technical Assistance please call the IT Service/Help Desk at 622-3000