College of Health Sciences Convocation FAQ's
When is the College of Health Sciences Convocation?
Friday, December 13th, 2019 at 1:30p.m.
Where is the College of Health Sciences Convocation?
Eastern Kentucky University Alumni Coliseum
When do I get my cap and gown?
During GradFest, October 23rd and 24th in the Keen Johnson Building, you will pre-order your regalia from https://registrar.eku.edu/node/220
Honor sashes will also be distributed at GradFest by the Registrar's Office.
How do I verify how my name will appear on my diploma and where my diploma will be sent?
During GradFest, October 23rd and 24th (10a.m. - 6p.m. each day) in the Keen Johnson Building, you will meet with our college representatives to verify all information for the diploma.
Do I have to attend GradFest?
Ultimately it is up to you as to whether or not you attend, however this is a great time to come by with your fellow classmates, pick up your bundled regalia, order invitations and/or class rings, verify the degree you are earning and your address for diploma mailing, receive information about our ceremony and reception, take photos wearing your regalia, and SO MUCH MORE!!!
At the college convocation each student will be recognized as they walk across the stage and receive their diploma cover. Professional photographs will be taken by LifeTouch.
- 12:30 p.m. Students will arrive at the Fred Darling Auxiliary Gym to check-in. Online students and those that missed Last Chance Cap and Gown Pickup, may pick up caps, gowns, and other regalia.
- 1:15 p.m. Students proceed to the Alumni Coliseum floor.
- 1:30 p.m. Convocation begins. Students and faculty are seated.
- A reception will immediately follow the convocation in the Fred Darling Gymnasium. All students and their guests are invited. Light refreshments will be available.
What should I wear to the convocation?
- Clothing is generally dark dress pants, a dress shirt and tie, or a lightweight dress or blouse and a skirt that is shorter than the gown. Footwear should be easy to maneuver in.
- The cap (mortarboard) is worn flat on the head. The gown should fall midway between knee and ankle. Removal of the caps during the National Anthem is standard.
Do guests need tickets for the convocation? Is there a limit to the number of guests that can attend?
- Guests do not need tickets for the college convocation, however we ask that you limit your number of guests to 8 to 10 persons so we may easily accomodate friends and family of all graduates.
- Doors will open for guest seating at 12:00 p.m. Guests are seated on a first come first served basis. The University cannot guarantee seating for all. Please ask your guests to arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the convocation.
My family would like to take pictures when I cross the stage. Is that allowed?
- Guests may take photos from their seats. No guests are allowed on the floor during the ceremony. Professional photographers will take 3 photos of each student as they make their way across the stage to receive the diploma cover.
Where should we park?
- Handicapped parking is available near the handicapped accessible entrance at the west end of the Coliseum near the water tower.
- Parking is available in the lot surrounding the Alumni Coliseum. However, there will be several ceremonies throughout the day.
- Parking is also available in the Ashland lot, Van Hoose Lot, Martin Commuter lot, and Dizney employee lot.
How do I get to the Alumni Coliseum and the additional parking lots?
- Alumni Coliseum - From Interstate 75 take exit 87, turn east onto the Eastern Bypass, the Alumni Coliseum is at stop light #6.
- Ashland lot -turn south at stop light #7 and left into the lot
- Van Hoose Lot -turn north at stop light #7 between the stadium and KSP post, turn right at the stop light and then right again in to the lot.
- Dizney Employee and Martin Commuter - turn north at stop light #7 between the stadium and KSP post, turn right at the stop light. Continue past the Van Hoose Lot. Parking is available in the lots to the left and right.